cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Get summer ready with Dropbox basic - travel documents, plans, progress reminders and more, right over here.

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uploading issue

Uploading issue

Lynette64
Explorer | Level 4

Screen Shot 2021-06-20 at 3.20.53 pm.png

Hi All,

Can someone please let me know where the upload button is on my Dropbox page? (see screenshot above) I want to do a direct upload (usually I upload to my laptop and it is set to sync), but these files are too big for my laptop so I want to upload them and store them in the cloud only.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Lynette

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Uploading issue

Mark
Super User II

That isnt the Dropbox website @Lynette64 - that is your computer Dropbox folder.

Dropbox doesnt actually have a feature to do what you are trying to get it to do. 

You need to use a work around which is to EITHER put the files in to Dropbox and upload normally and then Selective Sync or Smart Sync it off the drive OR create a folder on Dropbox and use Selective Sync before uploading the file via the website to this folder. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Mark
Super User II

That isnt the Dropbox website @Lynette64 - that is your computer Dropbox folder.

Dropbox doesnt actually have a feature to do what you are trying to get it to do. 

You need to use a work around which is to EITHER put the files in to Dropbox and upload normally and then Selective Sync or Smart Sync it off the drive OR create a folder on Dropbox and use Selective Sync before uploading the file via the website to this folder. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

LynetteL
Explorer | Level 4
Thanks so much Mark, I understand now, and appreciate your help.

tal3
Explorer | Level 4

to aasker with screenshot,

mark's  answer is awful, he shoulda told you to use "paste" on that page screenshot. we CAN save files into "local" dropbox folders which will sync to your dropbox website if/when you are connected to the internet. i did it. but prefer directly.

you would select the file and left click "copy" then go to that page of screenshot and click paste visible in the screenshot which would paste a copy of the file. ~~~~

tal3
Explorer | Level 4

@Mark  and @Lynette64 

to mark, that screenshot has "paste" see my reply here. your=@Mark  answer is awful. telling her it is not the website, though true, is stupidly-typing, when an option is available.

LynetteL
Explorer | Level 4
Thanks @tal3
Poll
Which Dropbox Plan do you have?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

LynetteL Explorer | Level 4
    tal3 Explorer | Level 4
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?