cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uploading issues

Uploading issues

Livid
Explorer | Level 3

It's a 8 G file and it has been uploading for 9 very long days now on my PC.  It is set to do not limit.  I know my internet upload isn't the fastest out there but there's no way to tell how much is already uploaded.  The estimate sync finishing time when you hover over the Dropbox icon is clearly wrong it's bounced everywhere from 2+days down to 38 mins then back up to 2 days it was doing a gradual count down 23hrs,22,hrs,18hrs,6,hrs then went to minutes then now it's back up to 2+days. It's screwy!  It took days to to go down hours so it's clearly wrong and yesterday's was only minutes and today back up to days.  There isn't a progress bar anywhere to tell me how much of my file is actually uploaded. Beyond frustrating!  I know I'm not along with this taking forever when it should not! How do I know how much of my file has been uploaded???

Any help you can be before I toss in the towel and give up! Thanks

4 Replies 4

Re: Uploading issues

Daphne
Dropboxer
Hey @Livid, I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with this!

The time left for syncing the file is an "instant" estimate based on the upload speeds at the time that you check it.

This means that if your connection isn't very stable, this can appear to fluctuate quite a bit.

Having said that, another possibility it that the sync could be stuck, so can you try out these steps and see if there's any difference then?

Let me know how it goes!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Livid
Explorer | Level 3

It's not the syncing I'm having an issue I understand fully it's an estimate my problem which nobody at Dropbox seems to care about is plain and simple.  You need to know how much of your file has been uploaded a percentage ...number of mbs ,gb, something a measure of how much has been completed so you know it's working and progressing or that no there's an issue. Simply put how much is done and how much is left to be done in a percentage or something!

A progress bar is needed or something like it!!

My question is simply this... what percentage of my file has been uploaded???  If there's no answer from you today I'll be going back to cloud where that information is readily available to us as customers.  What a major oversight on your part for it not to be there!

I can't find that information anywhere! Where is or does it not exist?? 

Daphne
Dropboxer
While the app doesn't show a percentage, you should see a blue progress bar to show you how much of the sync is complete @Livid.

You should see this when you click the Dropbox icon, and it appears just above where the sync status shows.

If the upload is still not showing any progress though, please try the steps I linked in my post above.

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Livid
Explorer | Level 3

I didn't get a reply in time  .. so I went back to google drive where there is the percentage showing.  Upload now complete!  Won't be ever using Dropbox again. Asking for a refund!  From all the complains I've read you have many issues that I'm not interested in dealing with again! 

Poll
Which Dropbox integrations are you using while working from home?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?