cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you're up against the clock to get holiday ready, so here are some tips on how to use Dropbox to make your prep easy! Check them out!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uploading issues

Uploading issues

Eric204
Helpful | Level 5
Hello i need help.My drop box is not uploading file anymore.it keeps on looding for 1 full day.I have tried to clear my cache and history.i have tried to logout and rest my device but it is still not working.
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Uploading issues

Mark
Super User II

Dropbox seems to be currently undergoing a partial service outage: https://status.dropbox.com/ 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

14 Replies 14

Chris_J
Super User

Hello Eric204

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community.  Try using a different browser and see if it can complete your task

Although there are limits to uploads.  See this Help Center Article:  https://help.dropbox.com/installs-integrations/sync-uploads/upload-limitations 
Hopes this helps

-------------------------

if this works and it was a solution, please click on Accept as Solution.  Also clicking on Likes would be super.  Thanks!

Eric204
Helpful | Level 5
I have tryed that too.The file is still in waiting to upload status.

Chris_J
Super User

Thanks for replying back, okay, a couple of questions:

how big are the files and what type are they?  

Did you check the article that I linked above?

Do you get any error messages when you open up the Dropbox icon?

if this works and it was a solution, please click on Accept as Solution.  Also clicking on Likes would be super.  Thanks!

Kirstini
New member | Level 2

I am having the exact same issue where it just keeps loading and loading. I have tried different browsers and nothing has worked. If I ry moving files in my dropbox or renaming them it just loads endlessly. This is obviously a wide spread issue. 

Eric204
Helpful | Level 5
I am just creating pdf files of my assignment.So i have taken 2 pictures that i want to convert to pdf. The issue is dropbox is not converting my jpg to pdf it keeps looding but no any error message.

Chris_J
Super User

Hello Kirstini

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community

can you read the questions that I listed for the Original Poster?  these questions I need answers from you also

It may be a common issue but we have to ask specific questions to be of assistance to you

Kirstini
New member | Level 2

Thank you, but my issue is not that I can't upload files - that worked fine. It's that I cannot move the files into another folder, or rename them. Each time I do this it simply loads endlessly. No error message just constantly loading and never stops. 

Eric204
Helpful | Level 5
Anyone have an idea kn this issue i need to submit my work.

Chris_J
Super User

Thanks, Eric

that information really helps us.  I just tried doing the same thing and I have the same issue so it seems to be a bug.  I will try to reach out to the Dropbox team.  I will see if one of the members of the team can reply here

Thanks, Eric

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Chris_J Super User
    LukSoul New member | Level 2
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?