cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uploading to shared folder

Uploading to shared folder

Dan1508
New member | Level 2

I gave a friend access to a shared folder on my account to upload videos that I will be editing for him and he recently got and error that said "Can't upload file. Account full"

My account has over 2TB and I've barely scratched the surface of 300gb so I know it's not an issue there, is there something set wrong on his end?

3 Replies 3

Re: Uploading to shared folder

Rich
Super User II

@Dan1508 wrote:

My account has over 2TB and I've barely scratched the surface of 300gb so I know it's not an issue there, is there something set wrong on his end?

He may be uploading to a folder that you shared, but that folder exists within his account and he's still limited to the space available within his own account.

If you just need to have him upload to you, and he doesn't need access beyond that, use a File Request instead.

Dan1508
New member | Level 2

It's going to be a lot of files over the next few weeks,  is there an easy way to do it?

Mark
Super User II

You can use one Requests link multiple times 🙂

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?