cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Emma uses to-do lists to get it all done here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uploads not working

Uploads not working

Emily Fox
New member | Level 2

Unfortunately, my uploads stopped working. It is just stuck saying “Starting Camera Uploads- looking for photos”. I’ve tried turning my phone on and off, my app is up to date, and I’ve tried in multiple WiFi locations. It’s been over 2 weeks without uploads occurring

9 Replies 9

Re: Uploads not working

Walter
Dropboxer
Hello there @Emily Fox, welcome aboard and thanks for using Dropbox!

Can you please check for any pending updates for your device's OS?

If you're completely up to date, could you let us know if you get any different results while on cellular data?

Thanks!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Emily Fox
New member | Level 2
Yes, the app is up-to-date, and I did try with cellular data on, but the same message still appears!

Walter
Dropboxer
Thanks for the update, Emily!

In that case, can you completely uninstall the app from your device and re-install it anew?

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

D van
Explorer | Level 4
I am having the same issue. I’ve tried every fix and the only thing that works is uninstalling the app and reinstalling it. Not really a great option to have to do every time I have to upload photos. If glitch isn’t fixed soon I will be switching to another company. This is ridiculous

Lori
Dropboxer
Happy Monday @D van

Could I reach out to your via email, so we can have a closer look into this, please?

Keep me posted.

Lori
dropbox.com/support

D van
Explorer | Level 4
Yes you may reach out via email.

Lori
Dropboxer
Awesome @D van

Feel free to check your inbox when you have the time.

Lori
dropbox.com/support

morande7
Helpful | Level 5
I’m having the same issue and you decided to close my ticket submitted via email as you figured you had solved the issue. You have not. I have tried everything - deleting/reinstalling, hard reset of my phone, changing settings for camera uploads etc and nothing works. Am fed up now and will move to one of your many competitors if you cannot solve this simple issue ASAP.

Lori
Dropboxer
Hey @morande7, sorry to hear about this! 

Do you have the ticket number reference, so I can look into this for you?

Lori
dropbox.com/support

Poll
We love to learn from the educators who use Dropbox. Whether you teach kids, teens, adults or a combination of all three, we want to know what apps and integrations you use with Dropbox to help with teaching. Which of the ones below is your favorite, or most used tool?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Lori Dropboxer
    morande7 Helpful | Level 5
    D van Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?