cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Urgent help needed on security issue

Urgent help needed on security issue

New member | Level 2

Hi

I cant give specific details, but i urgently need to rewind some folders on my dropbox as they have been the subject of a larger cyber attack at a corporate level - but I cannot find the rewind function.  My work dropbox (the attacked one) is also linked to my personal one.  How can I secure this down or unlink them and remove the ransomeware off my folders.

We cant access our IT tech guys as the whole corporation online and internet access has been taken offline.

Anyone able to help me?

1 Reply 1

Re: Urgent help needed on security issue

Dropboxer

Hi @CVF2; welcome to our Community and sorry to hear about this cumbersome situation.

As it sounds like you've been hit by a ransomware, can you please take a look at our dedicated Help Center article and let me know if it helps at all?

Thanks!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?