Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

User can't share a file in another user's shared folder

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Dropbox Screen.jpg

We have a folder created by a Dropbox plus user that has been shared with several coworkers.  One of them has a Dropbox Basic account and is trying to upload files from the iOS app to the shared folder.  When he does, he is the only person who can view the file.  No one else can view the file unless he invites them, even though he doesn't own the folder.

I've removed the shared folder from his account in his Dropbox app and tried sending a link to share.  When I click on the link on his app, I've noticed that, at the "Save to Dropbox" prompt, it says "Only you" under the save location.

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: User can't share a file in another user's shared folder

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi @Frustrated with Dustbox, thanks for checking in with us. 

At first, based on your screenshot attached, the Dropbox location says only you because it refers to the account itself. 

As for your main concern, could you confirm if the user is uploading to the shared folder in question via the Dropbox mobile app by following these steps?

Let me know what you find - thanks!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?