cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Users can download my video even I disabled this option

Users can download my video even if I disabled this option while sharing a link.

Eran116
Explorer | Level 4

I'm pro user. I enabled the disable download option on my shared video but other shared users can also download this video. why?

15 Replies 15

Mark
Super User II

How are they downloading it? All this option does is remove the download buttons etc. It does not mean there is no way, at all, to download it.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Eran116
Explorer | Level 4
The download botton is still enable for other users so they can do it by clicking it, even I cancel this option through share settings of this video

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Eran116, how are you today? 

How are you sharing the file? Do you use a shared link? 

If so, I'd suggest you try an incognito tab on your browser, paste the link there and check to see if you also have the option to download.

Let me know more.

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Eran117
Explorer | Level 3

I'm pro user. I enabled the disable downloads option for invited people on my shared video, nevertheless  invited people still can download this video (The download bוtton is still enabled for them). why?

Eran116
Explorer | Level 4

Hi megan

Thanks for your support

I  tried now an incognito tab with shared link and it works well (download button was disable) but when I do the same with sharing to invited people the download button is still enable for them. any idea why?

Rich
Super User II

@Eran117 wrote:

I enabled the disable downloads option for invited people on my shared video, nevertheless  invited people still can download this video (The download bוtton is still enabled for them). why?

The ability to disable downloads is a function of a shared link. If you explicitly invited someone to a file or folder, which requires them to have a Dropbox account, you can't restrict them from downloading because the file(s) shared with them are automatically added to their Dropbox account.

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Are you using these steps when trying to share a link? 

Can they send us a screenshot of what they see when they click on it, and try to download the content on their end? 

Megan
dropbox.com/support

paolocm24
Explorer | Level 4

I share a file thru shared link and disable the download, when the user open the shared link the user can still download the file. The disable download feature is not working. Please advise.

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @paolocm24, how are you?

I've merged your post under a similar thread, just to keep everything under one place. 

Could you take a look as to what has been suggested before, and let me know of any updates and further info? 

Keep me posted! 

Megan
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?