cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out how our Community members are using Dropbox here!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Using My Dropbox Like Google Docs

Highlighted

Using My Dropbox Like Google Docs

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Hi, new Dropbox user here and I'm having some confusion I'm hoping someone can clear up. A colleague asked me to download Dropbox to my mac and shared a document with me. She told me that now when I access the document through my Dropbox on my mac, changes will be saved automatically and other people who the document is shared with can see my changes, like how Google Docs works. However, it seems the changes only save for me on my computer. When I access the doc on the Dropbox website my changes aren't there. Can someone tell me what I should do?

4 Replies 4
Highlighted

Super Collaborator | Level 20

Hi @sms18w,

Are Your documents inside the Dropbox folder?!

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hey @sms18w, @Здравко’s tips is definitely the best way to start investigating, however I’d also like to point you to the syncing icons on your Mac that should help you paint a clearer picture of the matter at hand /. If you’re facing an issue loading those, I’d recommend unlinking & relinking your account on the device causing you trouble once, as it recreates the local database.  

Once you get a chance to have a look at my pointers, please keep us updated on your findings & we’ll do our best to check back with you with Здравко on this discussion. Thanks in advance for taking the time to work on that with us! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Hello and thank you both for responding. I'm not sure I understand @Здравко’s question. On my Mac, when I go to "Finder", I see "Dropbox" listed under "Favorites". When I click on this, I see the document my colleague shared with me. This is what I'm clicking on. 

@Jane, where can I find these icons? Thank you!

Highlighted

Super Collaborator | Level 20

Take a look here and here.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Need more support?