cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using my companies dropbox folder so I can put more than 2gigs of files in. Using their larger limit

Using my companies dropbox folder so I can put more than 2gigs of files in. Using their larger limit

New member | Level 2

Hi Guys, 

The company I work for Has dropbox that they pay alot for for a 1 TB of space. Theyve sent me a couple folders to add files to but evrytime I do I hit a limit. the 2gb limit. So I cant add more to their folders. Im uploading to their accounts, not mine... I think. 

How do I get it so I dont have this limit anymore to add to their account?

Thanks for the help. 

2 Replies 2

Re: Using my companies dropbox folder so I can put more than 2gigs of files in. Using their large...

Dropboxer

Hi @JulienFliteboard, thanks for joining the Community!

As you've discovered, shared folders take up quota on all active members' accounts, so you wouldn't be able to add more than your available quota to the folder.

Instead, if you need to add files to their account, you can ask them to create a file request which will allow you to upload to their account. You won't need a Dropbox account, so your quota on't be affected by this.

Hope this helps to clarify matters!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Re: Using my companies dropbox folder so I can put more than 2gigs of files in. Using their large...

Collaborator | Level 10

Hi there

Just a thought: if your company uses Dropbox Business, they can also create a Business account for you. Perhaps check with them if that will be possible as Dropbox Business is way better than Dropbox Basic.

Regards

Casper

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?