cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault Beta Feedback

Vault Beta Feedback

Helpful | Level 6

Hello, I wanted to give you some feedback. The email address that Dropbox Support gave me is not valid, so I thought I would post here. this feature works great on the mobile app, but this feature should also be made available to the desktop operating systems. Also, there is no way to permanently delete the vault folder and all of its contents.

6 Replies 6

Re: Vault Beta Feedback

Dropboxer

Hi @Petras123, welcome to the Dropbox Community. 

At first, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us, much appreciated. 

As for removing items once you've added them in to your vault, could you clarify what exactly happens? Do you get any specific error messages?  

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Helpful | Level 6
I do not have probles removing individual files, but people should have the right to delete their vault and all of their data from it which also includes the pin that was set.

Dropboxer

Thanks for getting back to us here @Petras123!

Thank you for the clarification there and additional notes, it does give us a much clear idea of what you'd like to see with this new feature.

If there's anything else that we can help with, or you have any further feedback on this then please don't hesitate to give us another nudge here.

Hope you have a great weekend ahead!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

New member | Level 2

i HATE when companies force features. Dropbox quality has gone down over the years and this Vault is another move I despise. I paid for file storage - I take care of where they are house - I don't need a 3rd party givng usolicited ideas nor forcing a feature that can't be removed.

unless this vault can be removed - I am out of this service

Explorer | Level 4

I never set a PIN for my Vault. I never did anything with it, except try to remove it. It is now in the Dropbox folder on my iMac, and no matter what I do, I cannot remove it (contrary to the published information on this topic).
I find it particularly intrusive for an app to place files on my personal machine that I cannot remove. I hope you understand how this smacks of surveillance, Big Brother, etc.

Please make the Vault removable by the user from the user's own machine!

Dropboxer

Thanks for joining the topic @SuburbanFlamingo!

If you haven't set up the Vault to use, I'm wondering if what you're seeing is the entry point for the feature that you may see in your Dropbox folder. 

To see if this is the case, can you send me a screenshot of how this looks in your Finder window? Also, do you receive an error is you try and remove this through Finder?

Let me know - thanks!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?