cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out how our Community members are using Dropbox here!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Video files showing in mobile app notifications but nowhere else. Can't open them.

Highlighted

Video files showing in mobile app notifications but nowhere else. Can't open them.

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I recently redownloaded dropbox onto my phone (samsung galaxy s10). I currently have two files sitting under the notification tab on my mobile app. I apparently sent myself 2 .mov video files 3 years ago. The two options that are given to me are "view" and "not now". Whenever I select to view i get a quick display of "There was a problem displaying this link. Please try again later". I can't find these files anywhere else other than the mobile app notifications tab. They are nonexistent on every other option (Google Chrome, Firefox, IE, and the desktop app.) They don't show in my files, they don't show in the notifications area. The only place it shows up is the notifications tab on the mobile app. How can I see these files? Are they basically gone and there is nothing that I can do? Thanks.

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Re: Video files showing in mobile app notifications but nowhere else. Can't open them.

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi there @jdstep06, thanks for checking in with us.

It sounds like the .mov files you mention may have been sent to you as shared files. Could you check your Shared tab's Files section on the website and see if they are listed there?

Let me know what you find!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Only a single image. No video files are in the shared tab.

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Thanks for trying that out for me, @jdstep06

Could it be then that the files were removed from being sent as shared files, or were deleted from the account that they were shared from?

Since you mention that you sent these files to yourself, could it be that they were in a different account? 

Keep me posted!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Need more support?