cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video only downloading partially

Video only downloading partially

Tessadet
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hi there,

I'm having an issue with downloading videos from the Dropbox - it looks as though the video has fully downloaded, but it will only playback a few minutes on my device before cutting out. If I then try and reupload these files somewhere, it cuts them short to the point it cut out during playback. (e.g. a 5 minute long video will only play 1.5 mins of the footage).

My colleagues have tried downloading the videos on their devices and not had any issues downloading and reuploading the videos.

Any ideas why this might be happening?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Tessadet
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Thanks Lucil - I think it was actually an issue with a windows update I needed to install! All working now, thank you.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi there @Tessadet, thanks for checking in with us on the Dropbox Community. 

Just to make sure that we cover as much initial troubleshooting as possible, could you confirm if you've tried downloading the file from another browser or an incognito window?

Let me know of any updates - cheers!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Tessadet
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hi! Yes I tried on Edge and incognito - same issue!

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for your swift reply, @Tessadet

Could you also try downloading the file after you've:

• Cleared your browser's cache?
  • Making sure that you're not running any third party browser extensions/plugins?

Keep me posted!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Tessadet
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Thanks Lucil - I think it was actually an issue with a windows update I needed to install! All working now, thank you.

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

I'm glad to hear that you were able to resolve your concern, @Tessadet.

If anything else comes up, just give us a shout. Cheers!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

mkleyner
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I have the same problem - I want to download a video file (mkv) . The file's size is 15GB and it was sent by my friend (on dropbox). The download completes without any errors. but the size of the received file is ~10GB. I can properly to watch the video.... proportional part of the source video.   I tried this on new DEll laptop with W10. Thanks for your help and advise

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @mkleyner, thanks for joining us on this thread. 

Could you try downloading the file from another browser or an incognito window? Maybe that will do the trick.

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

mkleyner
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Thanks for your adivice .... I have done this and this did not help....... BUT.... I checked this download ( with my computer) in other network.... and the download worked properly.... So, it looks like a problem in my home Interner connection: router?  ISP? else?.....

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

mkleyner Explorer | Level 3
    Lusil Dropbox Staff
    Tessadet Helpful | Level 5
What do Dropbox user levels mean?