cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: View a list of files that have comments

View a list of files that have comments

wkridgeway
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

As owner of our Dropbox I’ll process over a thousand jpegs from a photoshoot and post them for AD’s and CD’s to make pics from and comment on. How can we view a list of what files have comments? Is there a way to separate files that have comments from the group? Typically we will have a dozen or so sub-folders identifying different scenes. Can sub-folders be searched for comments? We could really use something permanent at the drop site. Notifications are good as an alert but not as a file reference.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Zed
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hello @wkridgeway,

At the moment it isn't possible to view all of the comments you've made on files at once in a list.

But since you have a big project coming and you want to keep track of the changes on your files with your teammates,  I'd suggest using Dropbox Paper to keep track of everything!

In a Paper doc, you can collaborate, comment and tag collaborators, reference your files and assign tasks to other o... which you can also keep track from here.

Thanks!

Zed
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Zed
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hello @wkridgeway,

At the moment it isn't possible to view all of the comments you've made on files at once in a list.

But since you have a big project coming and you want to keep track of the changes on your files with your teammates,  I'd suggest using Dropbox Paper to keep track of everything!

In a Paper doc, you can collaborate, comment and tag collaborators, reference your files and assign tasks to other o... which you can also keep track from here.

Thanks!

Zed
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

ankitshah009
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Dropbox should enable this.

This kinds of solution shouldn't be the accepted solution as it is a bad workaround.

u_kadru
Collaborator | Level 9
Go to solution
@ankitshah009 I agree, I also needed this option a few days ago and it just wasn't there. That was a very unproductive day for me.

Gia I
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I found a way

dropx.PNG

Jamesr1
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

It has been a few years since this... can it be done now?  Either on dropbox.com or dropbox app.  Would help to keep on top of all the different tasks handed out to the different workers/departments and ensure they have been dealt with.

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @Jamesr1; I'm sorry for the late reply and thanks for joining the discussion here.

As you probably know, there's no way to see all of your files with comments in one place at this time. 

If you like, you can use our Share an Idea section to post your ideas for future enhancements or new implementations so other users can upvote them to show their interest. Here's a direct link for reference:

https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Dropbox-ideas/idb-p/101002013

Let us know if you have any more questions. 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Need more support?