cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View entire page of Pdf by default (without zoom out, zoom out, etc...)

View entire page of Pdf by default (without zoom out, zoom out, etc...)

Helpful | Level 5

Is it possible to see a full page Pdf by default without having to zoom out several times?

Thank you!

Andrea

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Re: View entire page of Pdf by default (without zoom out, zoom out, etc...)

Dropboxer

I see now @acan69 - thanks for elaborating on this one (your English is great by the way). I just saw you posted your question under the Paper section; that's why I jumped up the gun there - apologies for that.

Truth is that I bumped into the same behavior when previewing my PDF files on our website. Therefore, I'll pass your comments on to our team that handles the previews on our website in my internal feedback report to let them know about this (I've put your request on our list for future consideration).  

Please let me know if you have any other feedback or questions.

In the meantime, as you mentioned, you can zoom out to preview the whole page and the comments on the file in question or even have your browser default to a specific zoom level when opened perhaps?

I hope this helps to some extent Andrea.

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

Helpful | Level 5

Ok perfect, thank you Walter. I hope they can implement this feature.

Andrea

6 Replies 6

Dropboxer

there Andrea - how are you today?

First off, thanks so much for using Paper and helping us make it better. 

As this is not currently an option, i.e. to have an embedded PDF file previewing  from within a Paper doc by default in full screen mode, I'm passing your comments on to our dev team as a feature request - thank you for this feedback.

If there's anything else you'd like to ask or add in the meantime, please let me know @acan69!

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Helpful | Level 5

Thanks Walter, but my problem is not to see the Pdf document in full screen mode but in full page by default without having to zoom out. This even without being in Paper.

This is because I have to view many Pdf and every time before starting to view the comments I have to click two or three times to zoom out to see the whole page. I do not know if I could explain myself, but you have to apologize, I'm Italian and I do not know if I'm writing well in English. Thanks again.

Dropboxer

I see now @acan69 - thanks for elaborating on this one (your English is great by the way). I just saw you posted your question under the Paper section; that's why I jumped up the gun there - apologies for that.

Truth is that I bumped into the same behavior when previewing my PDF files on our website. Therefore, I'll pass your comments on to our team that handles the previews on our website in my internal feedback report to let them know about this (I've put your request on our list for future consideration).  

Please let me know if you have any other feedback or questions.

In the meantime, as you mentioned, you can zoom out to preview the whole page and the comments on the file in question or even have your browser default to a specific zoom level when opened perhaps?

I hope this helps to some extent Andrea.

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Helpful | Level 5

Ok perfect, thank you Walter. I hope they can implement this feature.

Andrea

When Zoom in lose left side of page

New member | Level 2

Why is it when I zoom in I can't scroll over to see the left side of the page? What if the item I needed to zoom in on was on the left side? Out of luck?

Re: When Zoom in lose left side of page

Dropboxer

Hi @toddrader; how are you today?

Can you please clarify what platform are you noticing this on and what kind of device? 

A screenshot would also help so please feel free to send us one as well. 

Thanks!

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?