cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our users can answer all of your questions on files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

View size of file using web interface

Collaborator | Level 9

I find that I can't always view the size of a file using the web interface. It doesn't show it at all in list view and the recommended way, using Version History, doesn't work right. My browser is Edge (v. 44, I believe this is the latest). Although there is plenty of horizontal space, the size (and the name, by the way) is shown with ... so I can't see the full size. 

Would it be possible to fix the table alignment or provide a tooltip to show the full size info?

Example of problemExample of problem

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: View size of file using web interface

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Thanks for the additinal info Peter; I've just sent you a brief message so we can have a further look into this.

Take a look at your inbox (ticket with ID:9013863) and we'll take it from there.

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey there Peter, thanks for your feedback.

Could you please let me know if this is persistent across other browsers and/or when you zoomed out the page you're on while doing this? 

If it does, would it be OK if I reached out to your Dropbox associated email address to have a further look into this and work on it together? 

Walter

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Collaborator | Level 9

Hi Walter, thanks for the swift reply.

On Edge, the screen shot I posted was with the browser maximized. It doesn't matter if I go full-screen, narrow the browser window, or reduce the zoom (say to 75% ), the size is always cut off.

It shows "389.06 ..." and the full text should be "389.06 MB" (I checked this with View Source) so it's not cut off very much.

I tried with Firefox 65, again on Windows and I saw exactly the same. I don't have access to Chrome, sorry.

Hope that helps,

Peter

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Thanks for the additinal info Peter; I've just sent you a brief message so we can have a further look into this.

Take a look at your inbox (ticket with ID:9013863) and we'll take it from there.

Walter

View solution in original post

Polls
Do you know how to organize your files and folders?
We have created a guide on folder best practice, so you can get organized now check it out here.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?