cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Viewing Issues

Viewing Issues

Explorer | Level 3

Hi, 

I am currently new to Dropbox however my manager has been a member for quite some time. 

He recently has created a new Dropbox for me and provided me with a license to view ect. However, he has since shared a lot of folders that have images of properties in. 

I can see the folders that are labelled with each property address but when I click in to them on my side they are empty with no photos. Can someone please help? 

Thank you

7 Replies 7

Re: Viewing Issues

Dropboxer

Hey @Charlie Smith, I'd be happy to help!

To make sure that we're on the same page, could you clarify if you're opening these folders from the website, the desktop app, or the mobile app?

Also, when you say that they gave you a license, did they invite you to a Business team or did they add you to a shared folder?

Let me know and we'll go from there, thanks!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Explorer | Level 3
Hi thanks very much for your reply

Sorry by license I mean he added me to a business team

Also I am trying to use the desktop app on a HP Windows laptop,

I just need to be able to see the images within the files so I can go about my tasks

Thanks for your help

Dropboxer

Could you hover over the Dropbox icon that's next to your computer's clock and let me know what it shows?

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Explorer | Level 3

Hi there, 

it states 'DropBox 110.04.458 Up to date' 

Thank you kindly

Dropboxer

Hi there @Charlie Smith!

If you check your account online, do you see the files within the folders that you can't see locally on your computer?

If so, can you have a look to see if they contain any incompatible characters for your Windows OS device? You can see a full list here.

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Explorer | Level 3

Hi there, 

When im on my account online rather than the desktop app, I am still unable to view any photos within the files. 

Thank you. 

Dropboxer

Hmmm, this would suggest that nothing has been added to those folders at the moment, or the files that were there have been deleted.

Could you please check with your manager to see if they have added files to these folders? If so, did they add them via the website or desktop?

Perhaps, if they added the files via the desktop, the files have not synced to the account online yet.

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?