cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virtual Choir logistics

Highlighted

Virtual Choir logistics

New member | Level 2

I've been asked to help with the production of a "virtual choir" piece for a men's chorus of which I'm a member. Dropbox seems to be in ideal tool, but I'd like input from more experienced users. I think this should work with my personal account. Let me know if I've missed something.

• Create 4 folders under the "File Requests" folder, one for each vocal part
  • Publish links to the four folders to our singers, (about 125 men, probably most not Dropbox users).
  • Singers record their performances and upload the video files to the appropriate folder.
  • I share the folders with the other folks who are helping with the post-production (probably 4-6 people) and we go from there.

Am I missing anything, either from a technical or from an account permissions point of view? Obviously, if we need more storage, I'll need to upgrade, but can it work as described with just my personal account? If it matters, the group is a registered 501 (c) 3 non-profit.

Thanks for your help.

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: Virtual Choir logistics

Dropboxer

Hi there @WallySchmidt, thanks for checking in with us. 

You are right, using file requests and shared folders should do the trick for what you're trying to achieve. 

If you come across any issues though, don't hesitate to get back to us. 

Also, I wanted to mention that we do provide discounts for non-profit organizations and educational institutions.

You can find more about this, here, and contact Sales directly using this form.

Hope this helps!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?