cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We're back with another cheat sheet to make your 2022 easier than ever! Check out our tips here

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Waiting to Upload

Waiting to Upload

mweadbrock
Explorer | Level 3

This happens sometimes but has happened a lot lately.  My files are not uploading to Dropbox unless I have the folder open (this is on my phone, Android). I have refreshed, deleted tons of stuff off my phone, uninstalled and reinstalled Dropbox. This happens sometimes but not ALL the time.  This is why I am hesitant to upgrade to the paid version, too glitchy. Anyone? Why does this happen (not a storage issue at all). 

3 Replies 3

Megan
Dropboxer

Hey @mweadbrock , let's see what we can do here.

Can I ask if you're using an Android or an iPhone on your end? 

Do you have any pending OS updates? 

If I were you, I'd also make sure the Dropbox version is up to date, just to keep this out of the question. 

Keep me posted.

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

mweadbrock
Explorer | Level 3
I am using an Android. My app is the latest version and my phone is up to date. I just had to upload pictures to a folder and unless the app was open to the folder the upload just stopped. Why else would it not upload in the background?

Megan
Dropboxer

I hope you're doing well @mweadbrock

Do you have any battery-saving features on your phone which could disable the Dropbox app from running in the background?

Let me know!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Need more support?