cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We're getting a 404 error when trying to open or download files from a team folder. Any ideas?

We're getting a 404 error when trying to open or download files from a team folder. Any ideas?

helencpalmer75
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

this issue is happening to me as well - please send a solution!

20 Replies 20

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi there @allison12345

As @Walter mentions in their previous reply, please bear in mind that if you’re getting a 404 error when trying to access a shared link, it usually means that the file has been deleted from its Dropbox folder. 

In this case, if this was a file in your account, please check to see that it’s still located in your Dropbox (potentially in your deleted files tab) or, if it’s sent by another user/member, please contact them for more info.

If I’ve misunderstood your concern, please don’t hesitate to get back to me with any additional details, relevant steps that you take that results in this error, as well as screenshots (without any personal info) so that I have a better understanding of your experience. 

Thanks in advance!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

allison12345
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Thank you for the reply. I uploaded the document several times and still can't open it. No one else in the shared folder can either. We can't open any files in the shared folder. This is the main shared folder my team uses. 

HugoStrange
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I am having the same issue. Shared folder files mark 404 error when trying to open or download. The file has not been deleted. I uploaded a new one in the shared folder and still can't access it. I have plenty of storage, so that isn't the issue. Entire team is experiencing the same problem when trying to open the file. Please, help. We have had this issue all week.

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Thanks for getting back to me on this, @allison12345, and thanks for posting your query on the Community, @HugoStrange

In order to better investigate this with you, I’ve sent you both a ticket to the respective email addresses connected to your Community profiles. Please check your inboxes for my latest message and we’ll take it from there. 

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

almcconnell
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I am having this same issue as are others in my shared folder... for numerous files. Please help!

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @almcconnell, thanks for raising this. 

I followed up with a ticket for further steps, so please make sure to check the email associated with your Community account and we’ll take it from there. 

Cheers!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

BettyFordAG
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Could you email me the further steps, as well.

Thank you!

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @BettyFordAG, thanks for posting here on the Community!

I followed up with a ticket so as to further investigate this, so please make sure to check your inbox of the email address associated with your Community profile for my latest message. 

Thanks in advance!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Spartanlogistic
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have the same problem. First 404 now 500 error when I press "open with excel online".. I have been almos one week with this problem... This is not a good service......

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi there @Spartanlogistic, sorry to hear that you’re also having trouble with this. 

I was able to locate your ongoing communication with a member of my team and have passed your comments along to them. 

I can see that they have replied to you via email so please check your inbox for their latest message and don’t hesitate to get back to them with any additional info - they’ll be able to assist you using our internal tools.

Thanks in advance!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Frostbiteyt New member | Level 2
    Lusil Dropbox Staff
    Spartanlogistic New member | Level 2
    BettyFordAG New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?