cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We want to make our Community work for you and we need your help. Take our short survey!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We're having some trouble when we try to restore some files

Highlighted

We're having some trouble when we try to restore some files

Helpful | Level 7

I am a screen reader user and having difficulties restoring files via the Dropbox website.

The first method I tried was via the deleted files tab. I can find the list of files, however when I try to interact with it to restore a file, the page goes blank. I'm sure there's something there visually, but the screen reader can't find anything. NO links, no buttons, nothing.

The second method is via dropbox.com/events. If the event I want to undo is near the top of the page, this isn't a problem. I can interact with it and find the restore button. However, if the event is further down, scrolling down the list to a certain point causes the page to automatically update, causing me to skip down several events. Sometimes the entire page will simply refresh and I'll lose where I was.

In all cases, I'm on Windows 10 Home 64-bit. I've tried with Internet Explorer, Edge, Firefox, and Chrome. My screen reader is JAWS for Windows version 2018.

Does anyone have any ideas or tips? This inaccessibility is simply unacceptable.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Having trouble restoring files.

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Thanks for your prompt response @Stefen H. - I hope this finds you well. 

I have already reached out to you via email in order to have a better look into this. Check your inbox for my email and get back to me there as soon as possible to investigate the cause of what you described so far. 

Thank you in advance and have a lovely day Stefen - talk to you via email! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey there @Stefen H. - apologies for the tardy response and sorry to hear about this.

As I understand this is a delicate matter and an expert's input might be needed, I'd like to reach out to you via email. Please let me know if I have the permission to use the email address you use for your Community's profile to open a support ticket for you and we'll take it from there.

Thank you for sharing all the troubleshooting steps you've already taken and I'll be waiting for your reply Stefen. Thank you.

Walter

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 7
Hi Walter,

Absolutely. I don't need to restore any files this moment. It's more of an accessibility issue more than anything else. The same autoupdating thing happens any where there's a large list of files or folders. I'm stumped as to why the deleted files page behaves the way it does though.
Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Thanks for your prompt response @Stefen H. - I hope this finds you well. 

I have already reached out to you via email in order to have a better look into this. Check your inbox for my email and get back to me there as soon as possible to investigate the cause of what you described so far. 

Thank you in advance and have a lovely day Stefen - talk to you via email! 

Walter

View solution in original post

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?