cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Website interface extremely slow

Website interface extremely slow

Bryce Q
New member | Level 1

Hello,

The Dropbox website interface is extremely slow to navigate, page queries are taking 3-5 seconds per request, sometimes longer.

The interface has always been rather snappy and quite fast.

Any ideas why it is now slow?

Thank you.

Regards,
Bryce

11 Replies 11

Bryce Q
New member | Level 1

Any updates on this?

Bryce Q
New member | Level 1

Why is the web interface so slow?! I have contacted support 3 times now and received no response.

Norm L.
Helpful | Level 5

Now its Nov 2015 and it takes up to 20 seconds to load the home page. Started about 3 weeks ago, used to take at most 5 seconds before.

Jordan R.1
New member | Level 1

Me too!

Sare B.
New member | Level 1

Agreed!  It's making the web interface unusable really.  It just took about 20 seconds to delete an empty folder.

I was hoping to organise my Dropbox in quiet spells from work but will have to wait until I can do this from home via my desktop synced laptop.  I am also finding it difficult to see what's what tbh as there is no way of changing the web interface view to magnify the thumbnails short of using CTRL + to magnify the browser view.  

Scott W.33
New member | Level 1

I've noticed this too in the past several days. Loading the list of available folders takes forever!

Norm L.
Helpful | Level 5

20 Seconds is an understatement. I tried logging in a moment ago and it took 45 seconds before the files show up !!!! Its utter disgrace !

Any Dropbox team members care to respond to this thread???

Mick L.
New member | Level 1

+1 still very slow in December, not sure what is happening here.

albie h.
New member | Level 1

I've been having this problem for ages, now i'm trying to move my pictures around and it's almost unusable. As far as i can the fact it take several minutes to move 100 photo's into a new folder seems to summarise what drop box has become, slow, frustrating and not worth the premium. 

Although it's a pain in the ass i'm gonna consolidate my files and move to google drive... A real shame..

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
    National Divers New member | Level 1
    albie h. New member | Level 1
    Mick L. New member | Level 1
    Norm L. Helpful | Level 5
What do Dropbox user levels mean?