cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We want to hear from you. What do you use Dropbox for?
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Weird error message when opening a Dropbox file

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I am trying to open a Dropbox music link sent by a friend. It works for everyone else but I just get an error message ‘redirection failed...sorry we could not complete the requested action’....I am travelling on a Thai sim but my regular phone and regular apps. I’ve reset my password, linked this phone, but it’s the same. Any advice? Cheers.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Weird error message when opening a Dropbox file

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hello @Bonlet1

Hope my comment finds you listening to the music that was shared with you already. 

But if not, no worries. That's why I am here! 

Your phone opens Dropbox shared links via your mobile browser. It seems like this is a browser issue since the link works for everyone else. If you have another browser on your phone, please copy and paste the link there. 

If you don't have another browser installed on your phone you can either try pasting the link in incognito mode or reinstall/update your existing mobile browser. 

If the issue persists, add a screenshot of the error you are getting in your next response please. 

Thank you! 

Fiona
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hello @Bonlet1

Hope my comment finds you listening to the music that was shared with you already. 

But if not, no worries. That's why I am here! 

Your phone opens Dropbox shared links via your mobile browser. It seems like this is a browser issue since the link works for everyone else. If you have another browser on your phone, please copy and paste the link there. 

If you don't have another browser installed on your phone you can either try pasting the link in incognito mode or reinstall/update your existing mobile browser. 

If the issue persists, add a screenshot of the error you are getting in your next response please. 

Thank you! 

Fiona
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

View solution in original post

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2
It worked! Thank you so much!

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?