cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We want to make our Community work for you and we need your help. Take our short survey!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: What happened to 'events'

Highlighted

What happened to 'events'

Explorer | Level 4

I used the 'events' view quite frequently to see what was changing in shared folders.

After the update, the 'events' section is gone from the web interface. The updates page indicates that selecting a checkbox next to a folder will reveal the 'events' option. No dice for me, how does this work? Please tell me this feature hasn't been scrapped. Or actually, if it has well tell me so I know to stop looking.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II
The link has been (stupidly in my opinion) been removed, however, you can see manually navigate to it via www.dropbox.com/events

- - -

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

18 Replies 18
Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II
The link has been (stupidly in my opinion) been removed, however, you can see manually navigate to it via www.dropbox.com/events

- - -

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

Weird. Oh well, at least it still can be accessed, thanks so much for the tip!

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

There doesn't seem to be any reason to have removed it. I'm really irritated by that. Thanks for the tip though.

Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II

@EE wrote:

There doesn't seem to be any reason to have removed it. I'm really irritated by that. Thanks for the tip though.

The push really seems to be towars people using Recents, but, in my opinion Recents is a dangerous feature as you never quite know what is going to pop up on it when you open it. To me its a data protection nightmare!

- - -

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 6
I hope this is not permanent. I have found Events very useful and would like them accessible from the web menu instead of remembering a link.
Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II
Sadly it is permanent (at least in this incarnation of the website) from what we can tell :(

- - -

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 6
Hi Mark,

Can we export events to csv? Thanks you!
Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II
No. Dropbox has no such feature.
Highlighted

Helpful | Level 6
Hi Rich,

Can we use API to code tool?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Need more support?