cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about apps and Dropbox integrations to make working from home easy here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happens to synced files when I reach my limit?

What happens to synced files when I reach my limit?

colettehatfield
New member | Level 2

I do not have access to the internet for my desktop computer which has all of my pictures from 2000-2019 on it as well as some childhood photos of myself and my deceased parents and grandparents. I do not need to sync pictures from my current phone but I am desperate to not lose the ones from my desktop that have been synced over the last 15 years. If I'm not syncing anything new, how do.i.kerp my account active do I don't lose those pictures? Corona has already taken for much from me I am desperate to not lose the pictures already synced. I can't connect my desktop and cannot afford to.upgrade my account when I have nothing new to sync.

1 Reply 1

Re: What happens to synced files when I reach my limit?

ailsa99
Helpful | Level 6

According to Dropbox: https://help.dropbox.com/accounts-billing/space-storage/over-storage-limit

If your Dropbox account is over your storage space quota then file syncing will stop. Files won’t be removed, and syncing will resume when you bring your account under your quota again.

So, your files synced to Dropbox will not be deleted after your Dropbox is full. And you could delete unnecessary files to free up space for your Dropbox or get more Dropbox free storage if required. Or just leave it alone.

Poll
How do you get refocussed while working from home? Do you find any of these options keep you from getting distracted?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?