cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our users can answer all of your questions on files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the dotted line thumbnail in photos timeline?

Helpful | Level 6

In Timeline, what are the dotted line empty square icons where thumbnails of photos usually appear? My Photos Timeline lists a few dates with "empty" thumbnails listed under them. Nothing happens when I click on these icons. I thought maybe they just needed more time to upload, but I waited for a very, very long time and they're still there. I even logged out and tried logging back in again.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Dotted line icons

Helpful | Level 6

When I logged in today, the dotted line empty icons in Timeline were gone. Thank you, anyway! If they re-appear, I will take a screenshot and re-open this thread.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hey there @jaybird4,

I’m not 100% certain exactly what you’re referring to here, would you mind sharing a screenshot here (excluding any personal info) of what you’re referring to? Can you let me know if you are doing this action through the website, a computer or through the mobile app?

Also, can you let me know if you see an error message when trying to view these images in your account? Perhaps they are not a file type that can be previewed, please check out this Help Center article here to see which files types preview on Dropbox.

Let me know what you find - Thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 6

When I logged in today, the dotted line empty icons in Timeline were gone. Thank you, anyway! If they re-appear, I will take a screenshot and re-open this thread.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Glad to hear that @jaybird4!

If you do indeed run into the same issue again then I’ll be more than happy to further investigate with you. 

Have a great day - Cheers!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Polls
Do you know how to organize your files and folders?
We have created a guide on folder best practice, so you can get organized now check it out here.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?