cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is this 'Backup'????

What is this 'Backup'????

Ilfracombe
Explorer | Level 3

I've just had this dropbox dialogue pounce on me and said it would backup all my folders. So after a lot of graphics, three new folders have appeared in my web dropbox folder, and I got a message saying that if I deleted anything from these folders they would also disappear from my computer.

I don't get it. What is this? How is it different from what was there before? I've been happily backing up just by using dropbox and Sync. , which means I can use the same files on all my devices. I'd like to just get it back to where it was before.

2 Replies 2

Re: What is this 'Backup'????

Mark
Super User II

This is the help article that appears during that process: https://help.dropbox.com/installs-integrations/sync-uploads/computer-backup

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Re: What is this 'Backup'????

Ilfracombe
Explorer | Level 3

But how is this different from what I had before? I've always been able to backup, and if I make changes on one device, the changes also appear on all my others.

Poll
Are you starting new work habits this year?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?