cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We want to make our Community work for you and we need your help. Take our short survey!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is this second Dropbox folder in my File Explorer?

Highlighted

What is this second Dropbox folder in my File Explorer?

Explorer | Level 3

Your help appreciated:

(1) Awhile ago, I joined a Business Account opened by a colleague. Just realised I have two similar Dropbox folders (in Desktop folder) showing in Windows Explorer but they do have different icons.

Dropbox 20190902 01 Folders 1 Cryo.JPGDropbox 20190902 02 Folders 2JPG.JPGHow do I delete one of them and which one - presumable the one without the "green tick"?

(2) I have a Business Account (as above) and a personal account.  I have just bought a new laptop and as part of the laptop startup/setup, the process installed my personal Dropbox account and is shown in Desktop/Explorer.  I do not want to connect the Business and Personal accounts - what are the instructions to instal the Business Account hereon in this laptop?

Thanks

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: Windows 7 Explorer

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi @Ray L.5, thanks for the images, the second 'Dropbox' folder is actually a hidden folder, which is just a shortcut to the first one.

When you joined a Dropbox Business team, the link was created to prevent programs from creating an error when trying to open files in the new Business folder.

Regarding the second query, do you not want to have the personal Dropbox syncing at all to your computer, and just have the Business account?

Bear in mind, you can have have both syncing as separate folders using the steps here, which does connect the two accounts. However, this connection can be reversed at any time, and the admin won't be able to see or interact with any of the files on your personal account.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?