cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WhatsApp pictures not uploading to Dropbox on Samsung S9 Plus

WhatsApp pictures not uploading to Dropbox on Samsung S9 Plus

adrian b.16
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I have not seen a clear answer yet to this very simple issue : the WhatsAppp folder in my Gallery is not sync-ing with Dropbox. There use to be a menu where one could select the folders in the Gallery for syncronisation with Dropbox but it has been removed or it is hidden now. Can anyone from Dropbox help with a direct answer to this ? ...and yes, I did re-install Dropbox on my phone without success, still not uploading photos or videos from the WhatsApp folders.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey there @adrian b.16 - how are you today?

From what I understand you must be using the Camera Uploads feature and you'd like to see your WhatsApp's photos and video folders uploaded automatically to your Camera Uploads folder - correct me if I got anything wrong please.

One thing to note here is that the automatic camera upload feature uploads all photos and videos from the "Camera" and "Screenshots" albums on your device. You cannot choose which folder(s) the feature uploads from, however I will make sure to pass your feedback along to our dev team. 

In the meantime, you can manually upload those files through our mobile app directly.

Let me know if I'm missing something here please. Thank you!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey there @adrian b.16 - how are you today?

From what I understand you must be using the Camera Uploads feature and you'd like to see your WhatsApp's photos and video folders uploaded automatically to your Camera Uploads folder - correct me if I got anything wrong please.

One thing to note here is that the automatic camera upload feature uploads all photos and videos from the "Camera" and "Screenshots" albums on your device. You cannot choose which folder(s) the feature uploads from, however I will make sure to pass your feedback along to our dev team. 

In the meantime, you can manually upload those files through our mobile app directly.

Let me know if I'm missing something here please. Thank you!

Walter
dropbox.com/support

adrian b.16
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Thank you Walter.

1. The option of selecting folders was there before. Your development team is quite aware of this I'm sure, maybe it was one of those "managerial Solutions" that removed it. 

2. I am aware of how to upload manually, thank you.

It would be nice to have AGAIN control of the folders we are syncronizing. Thank you for responding to me.

micrin
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

This is indeed anoying. I just bought an bigger account after I saw a youtube film indicating I can backup/sync all albums in my  gallery. I just found out this does not work, so now I have to go through the hassle to undo my yearly subscription if you are not solving this. Please let me know quickly if this will be solved since this is really bad for an independent cloud backup supplier

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey there @micrin - sorry to hear you're having issues with this.

I'm assuming that you'd like to see the photos from your WhatsApp (folder) uploaded automatically via the camera uploads feature - is this correct?

If that's true indeed, note that these won't get picked up automatically as this feature uploads all photos and videos from the "Camera" (Roll) and "Screenshots" albums on your device(s) and there isn't an option to choose which folder(s) the feature uploads from.

You should be able to manually upload those using the steps outlined in the Help Center article here: https://help.dropbox.com/installs-integrations/sync-uploads/upload-mobile

I'll also make sure to pass your feedback along to our dev team - thank you for sharing your thoughts on this. 

Let me know how this works for you and/or if you have any additional questions; I'll be happy to follow up. 

PS: If you'd like information on cancelling you can see here:

https://help.dropbox.com/accounts-billing/cancellations-refunds/cancel-subscription

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Charleswilks
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Still no update for this?!

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @Charleswilks; thanks for joining our discussion. 

Can you elaborate on the issue you're facing please?

Are you also on an Android device having the same issue as the OP described? 

Let me know what you find and we'll take it from there Charles. 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Bobby78
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Hi,
I recently upgraded to Dropbox Plus and one of the most important features for me is to automatically backup ALL the pictures and videos from my Android device.
It's very frustrating that you can not select which folder to upload and are restricted to the camera and screenshot folder only, since many apps have their own folders for backing up.
Being able to select any folder from your device should be very basic functionality from one of the biggest and best cloud-services out there, yet even after many complaints from lots of subscribers for years (as I read now in various forums), nothing has changed so far.
Google Photos for example has had this basic functionality for as long as I can remember and I'm seriously considering switching to Google for this very reason.
However, I'm this is not what I prefer as I think Dropbox has many advantages over Google (and others) and I really hope the development team can do something about this and add the feature to select which folders to upload in the Android app, to make Dropbox really the best of the competition bar none!

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @Bobby78, thanks for joining us here. 

I just wanted to mention that you can have a look at this thread, where other users have also expressed an interest in being able to upload photos from other locations automatically. 

In the meantime, if you have any other thoughts or questions, don't hesitate to give us another shout. 

Cheers!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Lusil Dropbox Staff
    Bobby78 New member | Level 2
    Walter Dropbox Staff
    Charleswilks New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?