cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When I 'Save as' it won't go to Dropbox

Highlighted

When I 'Save as' it won't go to Dropbox

Explorer | Level 3

Im using Dropbox on Android.

After opening a file in Dropbox with WPS, I then Save As... [select Dropbox]... But instead of seeing all the folders I have in Dropbox I get the message "This directory is empty". In fact, the file gets saved to this folder:
/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/cn.wps.moffice_eng/.cache/KingsoftOffice/file

This happens when I'm online so it's not as if it's saving it to upload later - as far as I can see, it just doesn't appear in Dropbox at all. This means that I can't see these files when I look in Dropbox so they're basically 'lost'. An updated file can be in this nonsensical location and the old file easily accessible in Dropbox. This is extremely confusing.

Is this a problem with WPS or Dropbox? Or me?!

8 Replies 8
Highlighted

Re: When I 'Save as' it won't go to Dropbox

Dropboxer

Hi @Jiwawa; thanks for using Dropbox!

Can you please provide me with a screenshot of this so I can have a visual too?

Also, what's the OS of your device and the version of our mobile app? 

Do you see this app under your account's connected apps tab?

Let me know what you find!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3
Thanks Walter.

My Android is 10 and my Dropbox app is 194.2.6.

WPS used to be connected (I'm pretty sure) to my DB a/c but isn't now, and nor can I find it in the 'connectables' - that may be the source of my problem?

Not sure what screenshot you're looking for but can't see how to upload anyway!

Thanks.
Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3
Update: since when I click on a file to open it, and it auto opens with WPS - surely that means that WPS DOES have access to my Dropbox?
Highlighted

Dropboxer

Thanks for getting back to us here @Jiwawa!

I believe Walter was asking for a screenshot of the message that you see with "The directory is empty". Please send a screenshot along of this either with the "Photo" option along the top of the reply box here on the Community or with a shared link.

Can you let me know if you get any errors if you try uploading the file manually by using the "+" icon from within the Dropbox app to save the edited file?

Also, which version of the WPS app do you have installed too? Are there any pending updates for this app?

Keep us posted!

Daphne

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Thanks Daphne - couldn't do any of that on Android - had to come over to laptop.

Screenshots are at: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2alksaw5dkonzw0/AAACqipmWjJMvhlEDnMi9IpSa?dl=0

I open a file from Dropbox, and it auto-opens in WPS. I 'Save as...' and select Dropbox from screenshot 1. This gives me screenshot 2 with no facility to navigate to any other folder. I amend the filename and hit 'Save'. But the file isn't in the normal Dropbox. When I search for it on Android the location is as screenshot 3.

You ask "Can you let me know if you get any errors if you try uploading the file manually by using the "+" icon from within the Dropbox app to save the edited file?" - I click the + in Dropbox on Android > 'Create or upload file' > 'Upload files' then, no matter how hard I search for it I can't find the file (there's nothing labelled storage/emulated/0/Android/data.... although I can navigate to Internal storage/Android/data.... or Memory card/Android/data.... - the file isn't in either)  I CAN find the file (at the location in screenshot 3) by using the search facility but that isn't available from the Dropbox > + menu.

I'm using WPS (Android) version 12.6.4 which is the latest version.

Thanks - it's drivingme nuts!

Highlighted

Dropboxer

Hi @Jiwawa; I'm sorry to jump in here, but I was wondering; are you still having issues with this? 

Walter

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3
Yes, I am, as per my previous post. Thanks.
Highlighted

Dropboxer

Thanks for keeping us in the loop @Jiwawa.

Could you clarify the following information so we can have a further look into this?

• What is the size and type of the file that you’re trying to import into Dropbox?
  • Does this issue happen for all files or just specific files? If it’s happening to a specific file, could you share a link to this file so that we can try and reproduce the issue on our end?

That all being said, you might also want to check with the WPS app's devs or support team for additional guidance.

In any case, please keep us posted! 

Walter

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?