cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When I download a file from the Internet, it goes to Dropbox instead of my Download folder.

When I download a file from the Internet, it goes to Dropbox instead of my Download folder.

Dani Perry
New member | Level 2

Hello, I have a problem. When I try to download a file, it goes into Dropbox instead of my local Download folder. Every download that I make goes into the desktop folder from Dropbox. This same goes for Desktop, Documents and Downloads. I have a free plan and I want to disable the sync between my PC and Dropbox. This happened after I reinstalled my Windows and reinstalled Dropbox. I just want the files to go into Dropbox just when I want to, not every download that I make. I know I did something wrong, so please tell me how to fix this 🙂

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: When I download a file from the Internet, it goes to Dropbox instead of my Download folder.

Dani Perry
New member | Level 2

Hello! Thanks a lot! I solved my problem. I unlinked the device from the Security option in Settings.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Re: When I download a file from the Internet, it goes to Dropbox instead of my Download folder.

Daphne
Dropboxer
Hey there @Dani Perry, I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with this!

You can disable the computer backup with the steps towards the bottom of this article.

In step 6, just make sure to choose to keep the files on your computer, instead of Dropbox, to make sure that the files are removed from your Dropbox account.

Let me know if that does the trick!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Dani Perry
New member | Level 2

Hello! Thanks a lot! I solved my problem. I unlinked the device from the Security option in Settings.

View solution in original post

Daphne
Dropboxer
I'm glad to hear that's sorted now @Dani Perry!

I'll be just a post away if you need anything. 😀

Have a great rest of your day!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
Are you starting new work habits this year?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?