cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When I start my laptop, Dropbox downloads lots of files. How can I stop this?

Highlighted

When I start my laptop, Dropbox downloads lots of files. How can I stop this?

Helpful | Level 5

Whenever I start my laptop dropbox downloads lots of files. Hundreds of them. I don´t want or even recognise them. How can I stop this please? Is there a way to do a mass delete? I´m only manageing to delete about ten at a time and life is too short! I´m not very tech minded so hoping there´s an easy solution to this.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: When I start my laptop, Dropbox downloads lots of files. How can I stop this?

Helpful | Level 5

Thank you very much for your reply. 

It hasn´t happened for the past couple of days, but if it starts again I´m very pleased to have something to try.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
Highlighted

Re: Mass uploads of unwanted files.

Dropboxer

Hi there @Marina GM, I hope you're well today!

Just so I can have a better understanding of the issue that you're having there, can you clarify for me if the files that you're referring to are downloading to the Dropbox folder on your computer?

If the desktop app is trying to sync files down to your computer, would you like to stop syncing files to your computer altogether, or just remove certain files/folders from your account?

Let me know and we can go from there!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Re: When I start my laptop, Dropbox downloads lots of files. How can I stop this?

Helpful | Level 5

Hi Daphne,

Yes, the files are going into my Dropbox on my laptop.

I would like it to stop synching files and also I would like to remove the files it has recently downloaded.

Thank you,

Marina.

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 5

Daphne can you help with this?

Highlighted

Dropboxer

Hi @Marina GM; how are you today?

If I understand correctly you'd like to uninstall the desktop application from your computer to stop syncing those files and delete them from your computer while at it too;

In that case, I'd suggest that you followed the steps outlined here:

https://help.dropbox.com/installs-integrations/desktop/uninstall-dropbox

Note that uninstalling the desktop app from your computer won't remove the files in your Dropbox folder from your hard drive so you'll need to go through them manually to see which ones you need or not and move, copy or delete them as desired. 

Let us know how you get on. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 5

Thank you very much for your reply. 

It hasn´t happened for the past couple of days, but if it starts again I´m very pleased to have something to try.

View solution in original post

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?