cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When exporting from Dropbox to Instagram on my iPhone, I get an error message. Any fixes?

When exporting from Dropbox to Instagram on my iPhone, I get an error message. Any fixes?

Explorer | Level 3

Hello I am having trouble export images from Dropbox app on my iPhone 11 Pro to Instagram when I try it creates a link but then it says says an error message that literally says something is wrong what can be done about this it is a major hassle spent hours online with chat person from Dropbox but they were of no help and literally did not give me any suggestions as to how to fix this

6 Replies 6

Re: Error nessage

Dropboxer

Hey @joann3, thanks for posting!

Can you please send me a screenshot of the error message that you're getting when you try exporting the file?

Also, exactly what steps are you taking when you export the file?

Looking forward to your reply!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Explorer | Level 3
I can’t take a screen shot as I only have one phone unless you can explain how to do that to me
I am trying to export the photo in a normal manner as I have done this many times before
None of my files from Dropbox will export to Instagram but I can export them to my email and others
So I go to Dropbox select the file I want to send them click export to Instagram then it creates a link but does not connect to Instagram instead up pops a message on top of the image I want to post that says error something went wrong

Dropboxer

You can take a screenshot on you iPhone using these steps, and then attach the image on the forum. If you don't see that option, you can upload the screenshot to your Dropbox account and share a link to it for us to view here.

Could you try offlining the image in the Dropbox mobile app first, and then export the file to Instagram?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Explorer | Level 3

Will try, I have managed a work around by saving the photos in my camera roll and posting from there. But more than one person is having the same problem you can see this in the feed

Dropbox Just doesnt work the same way as it used as far as exporting photos to Instagram

Dropboxer

Hey there @joann3; I'm sorry to jump in here, but could you please clear the app's cache and let us know if it makes any difference?

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Explorer | Level 3

I was just sent instruction from Jake at Drop box and will work on it over the weekend

This has taken up too much of my valuable time during the day for work!

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?