Did you mean: 
Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When opening a link on mobile devices, the comments area can't be seen.

leslieann New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I created an ebook in canva. I want to download to drop box to then have the drop box link into my lead page in which the people can click the buttion  they enter in name and email, an email is sent to them with a button saying get the guide . once they open it it shows the ebook on the left side and an area for edits, comments etc on the right. If they open ( using the same steps) on their phone , just the ebook shows.  Any help?? thanks 

3 Replies 3

Re: ebook from canva

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey @leslieann, I hope you're having a good day so far!

So just to clarify, when the share link for the ebook is opened on their mobile devices, they don't see the area in which they can comment on the file?

Can you let me know if they're opening the file through the Dropbox mobile app, or through their mobile web browser?

Through the mobile app, the comments can be seen by clicking the bar along the bottom of the file preview which should read "## comments".

Let me know and we'll go from there!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

leslieann New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Hey Daphne,

Thanks for getting back to me. I do not want the person opening up the ebook from their computer or / and their phone seeing the edit side. I just want them to see the ebook. I made the ebook in canva, i downloaded it as a PNg file, in my documents it shows as a pdf file (im assuming that ok) then when i add it as a file to drop box and then add the file as a lead magnet sending it to whomever asked, the ebook shows up as an editable(i dont know if that a real word LOL) book. I want the people to just see the book. Any clearer?/ I am still so new at all the techy stuff

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Thanks for the additional info @leslieann, it's very helpful indeed!

From shared links recipients can't edit the content at all, they can only add comments.

You can disable comments for the files that you share with shared links with the steps outlined in this article.

Can you just confirm for me that you're sharing a link to the file with the method outlined here to allow only viewing rights?

Let me know if this helps!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?