cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Audio file glitch

When previewing audio files on Dropbox, the playback skips or drops out. Any ideas?

Tinlinmusic
Helpful | Level 6

Hello, just wondered if any other music tech-y people have had any trouble with glitchy audio files when using Dropbox to share them?
A track that I have mixed and bounced down on my studio pc, which plays fine with no problems, once shared On DB if you listen to the track on a different device it is full of digital glitches and audio dropouts.
Any ideas?

66 Replies 66

bassdude007
Helpful | Level 5

Hi Daphne, no, I didn't get a ticket number because no one came back to chat, they had me on hold and I run out of time. The same audio issue is still happening!  I'm having clients download zip files to get around it... 

bassdude007
Helpful | Level 5

Ditto for me!!!

Daphne
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for joining us here @dabu2012!

I've just passed along your comments to your ticket you mentioned. I can see that you received a reply from my colleague there, can you please check your inbox for that email and reply there? 

Through our Support channel we'll be able to have a better look into this with you alongside some account specific info.

@bassdude007, since you didn't get a ticket number can you please submit a new ticket from here. Then if you can let me know that ticket number I can follow up with you there.

Let me know!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

bassdude007
Helpful | Level 5

@Daphne wrote:

Thanks for joining us here @dabu2012!

I've just passed along your comments to your ticket you mentioned. I can see that you received a reply from my colleague there, can you please check your inbox for that email and reply there? 

Through our Support channel we'll be able to have a better look into this with you alongside some account specific info.

@bassdude007, since you didn't get a ticket number can you please submit a new ticket from here. Then if you can let me know that ticket number I can follow up with you there.

Let me know!

Hi, it seems that we are going around in circles here... It's really quite simple and I'll fill out a ticket as well but here is what the issue is. When we upload an audiofile, it plays back within dropbox with audio glitches: skips, dropouts etc. When we take the file out of dropbox and play it directly from our computers: No Problem. *If someone @ dropbox would just take the time to do this, it would be very clear to them. I know others have submitted tickets over the last few weeks so if you need redundancy, fine, I'll play along but we also need a resolution or we will have to use another service very soon because in our line of work, I can't have this issue for weeks on end. thanks

Daphne
Dropbox Staff

If you can just let me know the ticket number if you submit one @bassdude007, I can follow up with you there.

As I mentioned, this will allow us to continue looking into this as there's not much more I can do from here in terms of troubleshooting since this is a public forum.

Thanks!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

kroft
Helpful | Level 6

I've been informed that this is now fixed -- I've tried a few files that had dropouts before and they have indeed gone.

SECRETSOUND
Helpful | Level 5

I got the same message but haven't tried it.  Good to know.  Thx!

Daphne
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for your update here @kroft!

Can you all let me know if the issue still persists for you?

Keep me posted!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

kroft
Helpful | Level 6

A while ago we had a problem whereby audio played back with dropouts - see the thread

https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Dropbox-files-folders/When-previewing-audio-files-on-Dropbox-the-pla...

It was fixed but now it's back in a different form. Crackly noises that aren't in the original file. Yes, I know we can ask people to download the file but this really shouldn't be happening, and it is new behaviour. Anyone else have this? If I upload high bitrate mp4 audio the crackles are really noticeable as discrete glitches; if I upload uncompressed audio it manifests as a general fuzzy sound. Why does this keep breaking?

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Hey @kroft, thanks for checking in with us. 

Does this happen specifically to .mp4 files or other audio files as well?

Also, do you find that the sounds is the same regardless of what browser you use?

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?