cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where are my old files/photos

Where are my old files/photos

New member | Level 2

I'm clueless - 

I wish I could keep this question between the Dropbox Company & me?  

I've been trying to find a phone number for a month. 

I can't find any photos from when I first starting using Dropbox years ago. I can't even remember when I joined?

I just know I kept paying for my Dropbox account or upgrading through the years?

How do I find out when I joined?    

I'm really missing years 2003 through 2012? 

Was Dropbox even around in 2003? 

I'm sorry I sound so clueless (Yes, I'm a 72 year old Grandmother) - but that should not be an excuse! 

1 Reply 1

Re: Where are my old files/photos

Dropboxer

Hi @Lindainrb, thanks for messaging the Community!

Depending on your account, you can find out what support options you have when logged in and visiting this page. Currently, we only provide incoming phone support for team admins of Dropbox Business subscriptions.

Dropbox would have started in 2008, so assuming you created it then and kept logging into your account at least twice within 12 month periods since then, it should have remained active. You can also see recent event changes on your account here, and deleted files here. If you say you've upgraded in the past, you should see your previous subscription payments on the account as well.

Let me know what you find out!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?