cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where did the Dropbox action icons go?

Where did the Dropbox action icons go?

Explorer | Level 3

I work on a Mac. I used to have little blue dropbox icons that would appear on the right hand side of MS document windows. When I would click on the icons, I would get choices of action items, including copying the dropbox hyperlink (that's the one I used most, and don't remember the others). 

Now that icon doesn't appear anymore. It was a feature I used a couple of times a week or so but now I have to go find the native file in the Finder directories and right click on the file name to get that hyperlink. I don't really know when they disappeared...just mild annoyance and thought it was some fluke. It has now donned on me that they are gone across all apps and they don't seem to be coming back. Any ideas on how to get that feature back? 

5 Replies 5

Re: Where did the dropbox action icons go?

Dropboxer

Hey @gardner_mr, thanks for reaching out to us. 

Just to make sure that we're on the same page, could you clarify if:

• These icons would appear via the desktop app or your Finder?
  • You could find these icons in other locations outside of the Dropbox folder?
  • You're running the latest version of the desktop app?

Keep me posted!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Explorer | Level 3

The icons would appear on the right hand side of the MS application window about where the yellow circle is here: Screen Shot 2020-09-30 at 8.18.33 AM.png

I am running 106.4.368. 

Dropboxer

Hi @gardner_mr; how are you today?

I'm sorry to jump in here, but it sounds like you're referring to the Dropbox Badge; correct me if I'm wrong please. 

In that case, could you follow these steps to enable it through the app's preferences

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Explorer | Level 3

Hi Walter, 

Thanks for the message. I did check my preferences for the badge (nice to know the name of that feature!) and they are currently set to "Always show." (They were already set that way, so I didn't change). Any other ideas?Screen Shot 2020-10-05 at 10.42.46 AM.png

Dropboxer

In that case, could you turn it off and then on again @gardner_mr

Also, make sure that you're using Microsoft Word, Excel, or PowerPoint (version 2011 or 2016) and that you've enabled Accessibility for Dropbox in your Finder preferences too. 

Let us know how it goes!

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?