cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about apps and Dropbox integrations to make working from home easy here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Cannot pause synchronization after update

Can we revert to (or add) the option to pause indefinitely

Beenjammin
New member | Level 2

Not having this option currently breaks dropbox for me.  I use dropbox to back up model files from a programme that is run for lengths greater than a day.  If dropbox is syncing, the program crashes.  My workaround is to unsync the folder locally but would prefer to have the pause indefinitely funcitonality back.

Thanks,

Mark W.
Collaborator | Level 9

Please can we have an update on this?  Dropbox is unusable in its current state so my subscription is paying for a mobile app that I can't use because of battery issues; and a desktop client that I can't use because I can't pause.

Pull your finger out and either tell us to take our custom elsewhere, or fix the issues.  Don't just leave us hanging.  We pay to keep this service afloat.  Treat us like customers.

PAUSE DRAGON
Helpful | Level 6

Mark W is entirely correct.  I have been busy doing REAL work with a time deadline for the last week. But now taking another moment to agree with his request.

I ask this:  WHY?  JUST WHY would Dropbox have so little respect for customers to make a change that is NOT good for many, and not respond to these requests for accomodation to have the ability to do something like PAUSE UNTIL NEEDED that both makes sense and was possible until you shut it down.  WHY!   Where IS Dropbox CUSTOMER SERVICE?  Does it exist?

Mark W.
Collaborator | Level 9

This is getting seriously problematic now.  Please respond.

kcorps
New member | Level 2

I also dont like that they changed this. And what's up with just giving us 3 options? 30min, 1hr and "until tomorrow"? Seriously, 30min and 1hr are 2 different options out of the 3 available? 

The only way I have found to "deal" with this is by forcefully closing Dropbox and just running it when I want it to sync. Outside of that time, program is closed so syncing stops. I've never had issues doing this and I just download locally what I need to access, then sync when I need to change. 

Sent them a support ticket and included a link to this forum. Let's see if they respond!

Viper_TX
Helpful | Level 6

They won't respond - they never do. 😞

Re: Please revert the Pause Syncing functionality

Matt I.
Helpful | Level 5

Yup... that's what I've been doing. Too bad dropbox has falles so far behind Onedrive. Wish my work would switch.

Restore "Pause Indefinitely" to Dropbox for Windows

Mark W.
Collaborator | Level 9

Restore the option to pause dropbox indefinitely from the Dropbox context menu.

It should never have gone in the first place!! 

Re: Please revert the Pause Syncing functionality

Mark W.
Collaborator | Level 9

Apparently, we need to suggest it as an idea....  So here it is!

https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Dropbox-ideas/Restore-quot-Pause-Indefinitely-quot-to-Dropbox-for-Wi...

Feel free to upvote

Re: Restore "Pause Indefinitely" to Dropbox for Windows

echosierra
Helpful | Level 6

Not just for Windows, but for all platforms as well.

Poll
How do you get refocussed while working from home? Do you find any of these options keep you from getting distracted?
Need more support?