cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We are doing a little maintenance on the Dropbox Community at the moment, so please bear with us. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Please revert the Pause Syncing functionality

Re: Restore "Pause Indefinitely" to Dropbox for Windows

Viper_TX
Helpful | Level 6

Agree!

A good place to start - please read the forum comments here:

https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Dropbox-files-folders/Where-is-the-pause-function-on-the-desktop-app...

Re: Please revert the Pause Syncing functionality

Viper_TX
Helpful | Level 6

Thank you Mark!

I also included the link to this forum for supports review:

https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Dropbox-files-folders/Where-is-the-pause-function-on-the-desktop-app...

Viper

JB31
Helpful | Level 6

This is such an obvious requirement for any service that I've come up with my own method - a system tray icon that when clicked just kills dropbox.exe or launches it again!

Mark W.
Collaborator | Level 9

Good idea!  I can think of how to do it with command or powershell shortcuts - how would one get those in the system tray?

Mark W.
Collaborator | Level 9

They appear to have deleted the idea.  I can't see it in the ideas list, and clicking on my link brings me back to this discussion.  Jeez!!!!  WTF is wrong with DB?!?

echosierra
Helpful | Level 6

They didn't delete the idea, they merged it with this thread again.

I'm going to see if there's any way to file a shareholder complaint 

JB31
Helpful | Level 6

Mark W.
Collaborator | Level 9

It does mean that you can't find it in the ideas tab - which must mean the chance of it getting support in 'Ideas' is zero?

@echosierra 

xelander
Helpful | Level 6

it is so hard to restore a simple item in menu... I've heard legends that it takes 33 years to fix, so guys let's just wait (or move to other cloud providers that respect their customers and listen to them).

Zjord
Helpful | Level 5
Hi JB31, killing the process is a good idea. The only thing is that with a low end or older computer Dropbox uses a lot of cpu and memory to power up again. Using Windows command line it is possible to do other things too. Read my post on page 5 to see another possible solution. Hope that it'll help you.

Page 5 post:
Need more support?