cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Find out how Tiffany, a Customer Experience superstar uses Dropbox to keep her family in the loop when it comes to her new baby here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Google Sheets to Dropbox

Where's Google Docs Integration Announced 9 Months Ago?

consultant1027
Helpful | Level 6

https://blogs.dropbox.com/dropbox/2018/03/google-cloud-integrations/

Over 9 months later since Dropbox's announcement and still no Google Docs integration?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Where's Google Docs Integration Announced 9 Months Ago?

Rich
Super User II

It's available now, as an open beta for English-language Dropbox Business teams. You can read more here:

View solution in original post

16 Replies 16

Google Sheets to Dropbox

Dastardly
New member | Level 2
Is there any way to get Google Sheets to default save to Dropbox instead of Google-Drive?

cudong
New member | Level 2

Haha, I think you should create 1 GGDrive folder in Local computer, then you set this folder under Dropbox, so they will sync to your both accounts. 

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi there, there isn’t a direct way of doing so, though third party services might be able to bridge the gap between the two.

We wouldn’t recommend having a Google Drive folder syncing from inside your Dropbox folder, since this would potential cause data loss and corruption, since two cloud services would be fighting over and syncing the same file.

Hope this clarifies matters!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

How can I edit Dropbox files with Google Docs?

WRKDBF_Guy
New member | Level 2

As asked in the subject line, how can I edit Drop files with Google Docs?  It appears this functionality was announced back in early 2018 but I see no way to do it.  (I'm tired of paying for MS Office.)

Re: How can I edit Dropbox files with Google Docs?

Walter
Dropboxer

Hey there @WRKDBF_Guy - how are you today?

As it seems you're referring to this blog post (we are indeed very excited about this new partnership!), I've reached out to you to the email address you use for your forum's profile (thus creating a ticket for you from my end) to work on this together as I might need to escalate your request to one of our experts in the appropriate department in the form of a question. 

At your earliest convenience, take a look at your email's inbox for my message and we'll take it from there.  

Thanks in advance for your cooperation and happy Monday!

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Re: Where's Google Docs Integration Announced 9 Months Ago?

Jane
Dropboxer
Hey there (@consultant1027), thanks for taking a bit of your time to inquire on this matter on our Forum!

While we do not have any additional information to share at the moment, we are very excited about this new partnership, so stay tuned for our next update. Happy Monday! :slight_smile:

Jane
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Bill A.1
Helpful | Level 7

Is Dropbox by chance working on a sheets or excel product? That would be excellent. We far prefer Paper to Docs. 

Jay
Dropboxer
No news on any potential products in the future, though I’ll forward your suggestion to our dev team for their consideration!

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Re: How can I edit Dropbox files with Google Docs?

ralp
New member | Level 2

Have these features been implemented into Dropbox now?

Need more support?