Did you mean: 
Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which files are copied to Camera Uploads?

thormj New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Can you allow arbitrary folders (or links) on the phone?

I'd like to put files from CamScanner (and WaterCam and...) into my Camera Uploads folder (preferably Camera Uploads\CamScanner, but if they just go into Camer Uploads, I'll be happy.)...

1 Reply 1

Re: Which files are copied to Camera Uploads?

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Welcome to the Dropbox Community @thormj!

Currently, only photos within your camera roll will be uploaded into Dropbox with the camera uploads feature. Also, it's not currently possible to upload automatically into a subfolder of the camera uploads folder directly either.

So to clarify, you would only be able to upload directly into the camera uploads folder, but not a subfolder. If you want to upload images that are not within the camera roll, then you will have to either manually move them into the camera roll or use a third-party app to assist. Perhaps you could take a look at this thread here for the suggestion?

I hope this helps, please do let me know if you have any other questions - thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?