cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Which plan allows me to have 'edit' access for a folder someone has shared with me?

Which plan allows me to have 'edit' access for a folder someone has shared with me?

NK9
New member | Level 2

I am currently on a free plan but a colleague who is on a paid plan is doing some work for me and has created a folder with content that I am able to download. However, I would like the power to be able to rename files, move things around etc.. as well.

Do I need to upgrade to a paid plan in order for him to be able to grant me that kind of editing access and if so, which one?

Thank you. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Which plan allows me to have 'edit' access for a folder someone has shared with me?

Jay
Dropboxer

Hi @NK9, thanks for joining the Community!

It sounds like this person has created a shared link to a folder, which allow you a one-way, read-only access to the folder. 

They can create a shared folder, which will allow you to edit and add files in that folder. Bear in mind that shared folders do require enough quota on your account to add it, so you might need to upgrade to a paid plan if there isn't enough space.

Hope this helps to clarify matters!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Jay
Dropboxer

Hi @NK9, thanks for joining the Community!

It sounds like this person has created a shared link to a folder, which allow you a one-way, read-only access to the folder. 

They can create a shared folder, which will allow you to edit and add files in that folder. Bear in mind that shared folders do require enough quota on your account to add it, so you might need to upgrade to a paid plan if there isn't enough space.

Hope this helps to clarify matters!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

Poll
Are you starting new work habits this year?
Need more support?