cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We want to hear from you. What projects do you use Dropbox for?
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

While trying to share, get popup that says "One or more names or email addresses entered are invalid

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

When I try and share a file, I get a popup that says "One or more names or email addresses you entered are not valid."

Have not had this problem before.

Tried sending to one person - worked fine

Tried sending to two people - got popup

6 Replies 6
Highlighted

Re: While trying to share, get popup that says "One or more names or email addresses entered ar

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hey there @John12758

Could you please clarify if you’re copy-pasting the email addresses individually or in bulk? Have you tried typing in the emails, instead?

When you typed in email A (for which you didn’t get the error) and then email B (which is when you got the pop-up message), did you then try sharing with only email B too?

Thanks in advance!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Re: While trying to share, get popup that says "One or more names or email addresses entered ar

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Yes I did.  I tried A&B, which didn't work, A which worked, and B which worked.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Copy/pasting in bulk

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Thanks for getting back to me on this, @John12758

Since you’re copy-pasting the emails in bulk, could you ensure that there’s a separator after each email (for example, a semicolon)? 

For example, could you type in userA@e.mail; userB@e.mail; and then paste the email in like that?

Otherwise, could you try copying and pasting them separately? 

Let me know how it goes!

Lusil

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Great question.  Should have put in picture.  I tried with both commas and semicolons as separators (since that makes a difference is some email apps)

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Just to clarify, are you able to apply the emails now or are you still having trouble, @John12758

Lusil

Polls
Do you know how to organize your files and folders?
We have created a guide on folder best practice, so you can get organized now check it out here.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Need more support?