Did you mean: 
Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who do I talk to about aquiring a file that was removed by another drop box user?

Zen_Fan
Explorer | Level 3

Who do I talk to about aquiring a file that was removed by another drop box user?  Can this only be done by court order?

24 Replies 24

Re: Who do I talk to about aquiring a file that was removed by another drop box user?

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey there @Zen_Fan, welcome to the Dropbox Community!

In order to fully understand the situation, I'll need to ask for a little bit more info. Firstly, was the file removed from a shared folder? If so, I would suggest checking your Deleted files page to see if you can locate and recover the file from there.

Otherwise, for a little more info on how the file was deleted (if you don't already know that is), you can visit your Events page here. If you can locate a deletion event, you can also try restore the files from there.

Let me know what you find and we can go from there - thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Re: Who do I talk to about aquiring a file that was removed by another drop box user?

Zen_Fan
Explorer | Level 3

I do not have any recently deleted files.  And the events list does not go back very far and only includes three added events.  The file was a shared file.  Can you tell me what fax number I can use to fax a court ordered sophenia or direct me to a legal page?

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey @Zen_Fan,

I see, it may be in that case that the file was deleted outside of your version history window.

We don't currently have a fax number to contact for Legal matters, however you can submit a request via email from here and this will be routed along to the correct department for these matters.

I hope that this info helps, let me know if you have any other questions!

Daphne

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Zen_Fan
Explorer | Level 3

I have found your general fax number.  I will fax the sophenia there and also send the email via that link you have.  I need to keep this topic open until it is resolved because this is a very time critical issue.  Can you give your coworkers a "heads up" and tell them this is coming.

Super User II
Super User II

@Zen_Fan wrote:

I have found your general fax number.

If that's a number you found through Google or another search engine, be certain that it's legitimate before using it. There are many false phones numbers that appear in search engines, usually by third-party "support" companies and scammers. Be careful that you're not sending personal/private information to the wrong people.

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey @Zen_Fan,

Rich is indeed right with what he mentioned there and I would highly recommend not using the fax number you found as all official Support channels are found on our website. As I mentioned previously, fax is not one of them and the number you found is most likely one you don't want to send any private info to.

Since you've also emailed us, you should have received a ticket reference number for your case. Please let me know this number (eg. #1234567) so that I can follow up there and notify the team.

Let me know - thanks!

Daphne

Zen_Fan
Explorer | Level 3

I don't know if the fax was the right number or not.  But at the same time, i don't think the supoena has any information that I would not mind shariing with the public. 

I wonder how sammers could make use of this information to anyone's detriment. 

Anyway, if you actually do have a fax maching, have a look and please see if you got a subpoena for the production of evidence.

Otherwise, are you saying that someone is going to email me?

Zen_Fan
Explorer | Level 3

i did not get any email notification yet.  Can someone please help with this?

corylulu
Explorer | Level 4
Paid users can expect a response within 24 to 48 hours.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?