cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We want to make our Community work for you and we need your help. Take our short survey!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who has access to the Dropbox Spaces on their desktop app?

Highlighted

Who has access to the Dropbox Spaces on their desktop app?

Collaborator | Level 9

Show of hands... who has access to the recently introduced Dropbox Spaces in their Dropbox Desktop App?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Dropbox Spaces

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Ah, that makes sense now Bob; thanks for clarifying!

As you noticed, for now, the Paper 2020 release is available to new users only while it's worth mentioning that our team is currently in the process of working on this new feature in order to build the best Paper experience for all our users.

On a side note, we're actively working on building an experience for our existing users to migrate their docs to the 2020 release of Paper and we expect that to be available in the first half of 2020.

Apart from that, you can check this video tutorial out on how to collaborate with the new desktop app. 

Have a lovely day/evening ahead and feel free to give us a nudge here should you ever come up with any Dropbox questions; we'll always happy to help! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi @Bob R.4 - how are you today?

All of our users should have access to this feature by now. Are you having an issue with this Bob?

That said, note that adding additional features to any folder turns it into a Dropbox Space while these features make it easy to organize your content and stay on top of things. 

Features of a Space include: 

• A text description
  • Pinned files and folders
  • Links
  • Lists and to-dos
  • @mentions to other Dropbox users
  • Comments
  • File activity

I hope this helps a tad and I'm a post away if you have any questions. 

Walter

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Collaborator | Level 9

Thanks Walter, I was reading throught the blog post https://blog.dropbox.com/topics/product/introducing-dropbox-spaces

and noticed features such as Paper Integartion that I didn't appear to have. I probably just need to read a couple of tutorials to bring myself up to speed on the new features.

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Ah, that makes sense now Bob; thanks for clarifying!

As you noticed, for now, the Paper 2020 release is available to new users only while it's worth mentioning that our team is currently in the process of working on this new feature in order to build the best Paper experience for all our users.

On a side note, we're actively working on building an experience for our existing users to migrate their docs to the 2020 release of Paper and we expect that to be available in the first half of 2020.

Apart from that, you can check this video tutorial out on how to collaborate with the new desktop app. 

Have a lovely day/evening ahead and feel free to give us a nudge here should you ever come up with any Dropbox questions; we'll always happy to help! 

Walter

View solution in original post

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?