cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: error message

Highlighted

error message

Explorer | Level 3

i'm getting this message "user is banned" when i try to share a file. how do i resolve this?

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

just to clarify- it's not banning a link- it won't let me share anything with anyone...

Highlighted

Dropboxer

Hey peeps, thanks for posting on this thread.

For error messages such as those saying that the user is banned when sharing, please go to this link via an incognito window, and fill out the information asked in each box. 

Thank you everyone! 

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Re: User is Banned when sharing

New member | Level 2

Hi I can't share my folder with anyone nor create links. Please help

Highlighted

User is banned

New member | Level 2

Hello,

When I try to share anything (file or directory) with anyone, I get a message saying "User is banned", and sharing cannot be completed.

Not sure why I am getting this error. Please help...

Highlighted

User id banned

New member | Level 2

Trying to share a folder for the first time - User id banned ?

Highlighted

Re: User id banned

Dropboxer

Hi there @rmaslim@junobee & @Justine Kerz!

As my colleague @Lusil suggests, please go to this link via an incognito window while logged OUT from ANY Dropbox account, and fill out the information asked in each box (making sure you input an email address we can reach you) so our support team can assist further with account specific information. 

Stay safe!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Re: User id banned

Explorer | Level 3

i did go to the link and filled out the form- last Thursday- still nothing from DB

Highlighted

Re: Can I delete too many shared links ?

New member | Level 2

I have two problems.  One, I have someone I want to share with that is showing up as Banned, and they have never used Dropbox.  This is happening with both of their emails.

Second, I just got a message saying I had too much traffic, and I haven't used Dropbox in two or three months.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Need more support?