cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are my deleted files the same on my personal and work accounts?

Highlighted

Why are my deleted files the same on my personal and work accounts?

New member | Level 2

Hello )

Could somebody please help me with a problem:
I have two Dropbox accounts (personal and work), both are free (with 30 days period to restore deleted files)

I don't remember precisely when files were deleted, but I almost sure that it happened within whis period (maybe about Sept 13)

It's confusing that for my two different accounts I can see THE SAME list of deleted files (although I keep (and delete) differend files in them). And I can't see my deleted files in this list ((

Is it ОК that there are no separate lists of deleted files for each account?

If files were deleted earlier then this 30-days period will it be helpful to buy Pro account now? Will it show me deleted files for last 180 days or just start to keep them?

Thank you )

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: Deleted files

Dropboxer

Hi @Gala_iem, thanks for messaging the Community!

It sounds like you have connected your personal and work accounts together. Are you making sure to switch accounts from the bottom left on the site to then check the deleted files page?

Are the deleted items you're seeing in shared folders which both accounts can access?

Keep me posted!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?