cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are my files not syncing?

Why are my files not syncing?

Explorer | Level 4

My dorpbox is frozen at 44k files trying to sync. I have gone through the forums trying to follow the recommendations. Down the list it says log out then in. There is no sign out or logout option on the dropbox app on the mac, at least on mine. "Support" chatbot only answeres questions irrelivent to my issue. How do I get support on this? This is quite annoying and a waste of my time. I have been a paid customer for years. How do I get to live support or at least a person on the end of the chat?

5 Replies 5

Re: how do you get in touch with a real human at dropbox that can answer a question. Chat is wort...

Dropboxer

Hi @annoyedabout, thanks for posting today!

If you are on a paid account, then you should have the option to write a ticket or chat with an agent on the support page while logged into your account.

Currently, we only provide incoming phone support for team admins of Dropbox Business subscriptions.

Regarding your query, are you certain you're viewing the Dropbox desktop application preferences when trying to sign out of your account and back in again?

Keep me updated with any progress!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Re: how do you get in touch with a real human at dropbox that can answer a question. Chat is wort...

Explorer | Level 4

When you go https:confused face:/help.dropbox.com/accounts-billing/settings-sign-in/sign-in-out

it says:

1. https:confused face:/help.dropbox.com/installs-integrations/desktop/view-preferences
  2. Click the Account tab. 
  3. Click Sign out. 
  4. Click Sign out again to confirm. 

I click on the dropbox icon at the top of the mac, and no options are there for an account tab. There is no sign out option. I finally found it after clicking my icon in the window that came up and then clicking accout then sign out. There appears to be a missing step.

Dropboxer

It looks like the steps are correct as listed; you need to click the Dropbox icon in the menu bar, then click the Preferences option under the avatar, and then you can view the Account tab.

I'm glad to hear you were able to sign out of your account. Signing in would happen when you next click on the Dropbox app.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Explorer | Level 4

My dopbox sync seems frozen. The count in unsynced files goes up when I cange files (as you would expect) but doesn't go down. The current sync has been going for several days and is stuck at just over 40k files. I have stopped, restarted, rebooted the mac, logged out and back in--all with no result.

After the logout / login, the file count was much higher and it got down to the 40K range and stopped again. It seems like there is somethign killing it at that point. Screen Shot 2021-01-08 at 5.27.42 PM.png

Please advise what should be done to re-establish the sync.

Dropboxer

If you click the avatar on the top right, and then 'View sync issues' do you see any messages there?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?