cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We love to hear how every person gets the most from Dropbox, and it seems everyone has a slightly different use for it - tell us yours here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why aren't my smartphones synced with Dropbox? Is it because of my plan or due to space limitations?

Why aren't my smartphones synced with Dropbox? Is it because of my plan or due to space limitations?

dogilB
Explorer | Level 4

Dropbox no longer syncs with smartphones, can it depend on the plan or space that is blocked? Thank you.

9 Replies 9

Re: synchronization

Walter
Dropboxer
Hey @dogilB, thanks for using Dropbox and welcome to our Community!

I'm not sure if this is what you're referring to, but there's a device limit on the Basic plan.

If that's not the case, please provide some additional information so that we can troubleshoot further.

Thanks!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

dogilB
Explorer | Level 4

Hello Walter, as you suggested I provide you with more information.
The problem of synchronization is with the smartphone, Sansung S10+, which is no longer updated regularly neither on dropbox.com nor on the app, in particular a file. On the PC I have windows 10,
I do not know if enough and I ask you what you need to know again to solve, waiting, thanks.

Walter
Dropboxer
Are you making sure that the desktop app is 'up to date' and not still syncing in your system tray when you expect to see the file on your mobile device?

If so, have you tried uninstalling the app completely from your mobile device and installing it anew @dogilB?

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

dogilB
Explorer | Level 4

Si l'app è aggiornata, essendo l'aggiornamento all'ultima versione automatico, ho provato a disinstallare già 2 volte l'app dal mio dispositivo mobile e l'ho reinstallata, ma senza risolvere.

Walter
Dropboxer
Could you check if clearing the app's cache helps improves matters for you @dogilB?

To do so,please: 
1. Tap the menu icon in the upper-left corner of the screen
2. Select "Settings"
3. Select “Clear Cache”

Once this is done then please ensure you log out of the Dropbox application, then restart your device and log back in again.

---

Potresti verificare se svuotare la cache dell'app aiuta a migliorare le cose per te @dogilB?

Per farlo, per favore:

1. Tocca l'icona del menu nell'angolo in alto a sinistra dello schermo

2. Seleziona "Impostazioni"

3. Seleziona "Cancella cache"

Una volta fatto ciò, assicurati di disconnetterti dall'applicazione Dropbox, quindi riavvia il dispositivo e accedi di nuovo.

Walter
dropbox.com/support

dogilB
Explorer | Level 4

Fatto quanto suggeritomi, ma problema non risolto , non si sincronizza anzi precisamente non si aggiorna, grazie.

Walter
Dropboxer
Could you please clarify if you're uploading the files from the mobile app and you can't see them on the website and/or the Dropbox app?

Also, are the files you've uploaded to the website or the desktop app showing up normally in the mobile app @dogilB?

---

Potresti chiarire se stai caricando i file dall'app mobile e non riesci a vederli sul sito web e/o sull'app Dropbox?

Inoltre, i file che hai caricato sul sito Web o sull'app desktop vengono visualizzati normalmente nell'app mobile @dogilB?

Walter
dropbox.com/support

dogilB
Explorer | Level 4

Good morning Walter, when I received this your last I had already solved my problem, I think, because I tried in different ways, uploading the file on the desktop app and anyway now I regularly see the file on mobile. Apologizing for the delay I thank you for your availability and collaboration, good day and dear greetings.

Walter
Dropboxer
No worries @dogilB - I'm just glad you managed to resolve this in the end.

Have a lovely weekend ahead and see you around the Community!

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropboxer
    dogilB Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?