cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can I only backup Desktop, Documents and Downloads on Mac?

Highlighted

Why can I only backup Desktop, Documents and Downloads on Mac?

New member | Level 2

Why can I only choose from the following three folders in the backup function on Mac: Desktop, Documents and Downloads.

Why would you put this limitation into this function? It makes it more or less unusable for me. Why can't I select any folder in the filesystem, or at least in my home directory? This really cripples what what would have otherwise been a great feature.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Why can I only backup Desktop, Documents and Downloads on Mac?

Dropboxer

Hi @pelmered, thanks for posting on the Community!

Currently, there isn't an option to open allow any other folder to sync to your Dropbox folder aside from the ones offered already using the computer backup feature.

If you wish, you can suggest this change for others to vote on, so the dev team can look into this in future!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Dropboxer

Hi @pelmered, thanks for posting on the Community!

Currently, there isn't an option to open allow any other folder to sync to your Dropbox folder aside from the ones offered already using the computer backup feature.

If you wish, you can suggest this change for others to vote on, so the dev team can look into this in future!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

New member | Level 2

well that marks the fastest trial cancellation i've ever done

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

I'm with you dude.  What is really perplexing is that Dropbox actually advertises "backup ANY folder" but when you actually go to set it up apparently "any" means either Desktop, Documents, or Downloads (at least on my PC).  Pretty lame.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?